- Time of Khojaly26.02.2013 MIRAS Social Organization in Support of Studying of Cultural Heritage announced art competition among youth, students and schoolchildren over the republic in order to immortalize Khojaly tragedy and bring to notice of young generation.
- Khojaly via memories and work of art22.02.2013 MIRAS Social Organization in Support of Studying of Cultural Heritage will hold an event at school No. 129 in Nizami district on 25th February, 2013 on occasion of 21st anniversary of Khojaly genocide.
- MIRAS Back from Turkey Tourism Fair22.02.2013 Delegation of MIRAS Social Organization in Support of Studying of Cultural Heritage and Heritage Travel Tour Company returned from Turkey. The delegation took part in Black Sea Tourism Fair in Ordu town, Turkey on 14-17th February, 2013.
- Attention! Unique finding comes Mechanization expert of Kurdamir region Irrigation System Department, Alimovsum Ismayilov displayed money treasure buried in an earthenware pitcher while digging a canal with escavator in the area of Muradkhan village.
- Archaeological excavations in Agsu The ruins of Medieval Agsu Town recalled like “Agsu” or “Yeni Shamakhi” in written sources but known as “Agsu fortress” or ‘Xarabasheher” among the nation is situated in the area of present Agsu region, 4-5 kilometer south-east from Agsu Town and around Ulgujlu, Arabushagi, Agarkh and Jurugly villages.
- “Medieval Agsu Town” archaeological tourism complex project and archaeological tourism perspectives in Azerbaijan The area of Azerbaijan is a carrier of a multi-millennium history till nowadays, and Azeris are founders of this history. The history begun from Guruchay is displayed more as a result of many archaeological investigations, and becomes to a document and source.
You are welcome to official web page of AGSU Archaeological Expedition.
The Joint Project of Agsu Archaeological Expedition of the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography and the National Museum of History of Azerbaijan of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan and “MIRAS” Social Organization in Support of Studying of Cultural Heritage
Large-scale archaeological studies have been underway since March 2010 at the initiative of “MIRAS” Social Organization in Support of Studying of Cultural Heritage on the basis of the joint project of the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography and the National Museum of History of Azerbaijan of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan under the leadership of doctor of historical sciences Gafar Jabiev. Note this area of approx. 600 sq. m was excavated by archaeologists in March. As a result of excavations, numerous building ruins, production sites, streets, square and abundant artifacts going back to the 18 century were uncovered. About 300 copper and silver coins, stone and metal mouldings, numerous metal ingots and industrial hollows and production pits, as well as instruments used in metallurgy. All these are illustrative that there were workshops on the area specializing in various spheres of metallurgy. Also, remains of red and rose-colored dyestuffs were discovered inside pitchers, hence, one can say with certainty that dyeworks had once operated on the area. Testifying to the widely spread network of potteries, stone-dressing, bone-working and glass-making sites are numerous glazed and non-glazed, stone, bone and glasswares. Of interest are a great number of household articles and adornments. The above is indicative that in the reviewed period Agsu maintained close trade and cultural ties with scores of towns.